Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Kanyakumari
Kanya kumari is known as the ending point of India ,Kanyakumari, officially Kanniyakumari, also known as Cape Comorin, is a city in Kanyakumari district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is the southernmost tip of the Indian subcontinent and the southernmost city in mainland India, and thus referred to as "The Land's End". The city is situated 90 kilometres south of Thiruvananthapuram city, and about 20 kilometres south of Nagercoil, the headquarters of Kanyakumari district.If you only have 2 days to spend in Kanyakumari, we’ve narrowed down the top places you should check out to get the best experience of your time here.
With favorites like Padmanabhapuram Palace, Suchindram Shree Thanumalayan Swamy Temple, and Sunset Point, Kanyakumari, we’ll make sure you don’t miss out on all the must sees. We even included some of our favorite food spots around the area, like Triveni Tourist Home so you can get the best taste of Kanyakumari while you’re here. To see our full list of food recommendations, check out our best restaurants post. If you're traveling on a budget, you can check out our cheap eats post.hat vibe that makes that particular place unique.
Sure you want to have a good time and follow your own way of travel. Those, who are all into leisure, for example, may look for a place to relax, a beachside resort, when travelling someplace in South India. But you also want to live that experience, that vibe, that the place you’re visiting is popular for.A big sightseeing day today. Up early and set off to Kanyakumari - the sourthernmost tip of India after enjoying an Indian breakfast of egg curry and noodles (a kerala special).A brief overview of what we saw (I wont bore you with the detail - you'll have to put up with the photos when we get back!!!). We started off at Padmanabhapuram palace, on to Suchindram temple and then Kanyakumari.
Things that stood out for me in the course of the day were:-
Indian visitors get charged rs25 to visit the palace - 'foreign tourists' get charged rs200 - bit of a rip off me thinks given rough guide says its rs50...My efforts to haggle were to no avail however with the ticket office simply saying 'government change to charges'.. Pete almost refused to go in but given we'd made it there I paid and stomped in - I'm glad we went but I have to say it was nothing special - pete reckons the good stuff (furniture and paintings etcI have to say that i was disappointed that I couldnt see where the 3 seas met - I dont know what I expected really - there was never going to be a big sign was there!
It was a long day of sightseeing then back to our hotel which is brilliant - staff are attentive and have good senses of humour (or perhaps I just think they're funny when they're trying to be really professional about things)- its filling up now as well so the season here is starting. We're heading back to Varkala tomorrow - I wonder how many of you guesssed that was going to happen - its so peaceful there and we both need a bit more time to chill out before we get on the real tourist trail! I've just started to be able to stop thinking about work - its actually been harder than I thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment