Wednesday, March 4, 2026

When a Sketch Said What I Couldn’t – My MBA Final Year Story

When a Sketch Said What I Couldn’t – My MBA Final Year Story *By Kunal Malhotra* Final year of MBA is supposed to be about placements, projects, presentations, and pressure. For me, it was all of that… but it was also about feelings I didn’t know how to express. I still remember those days clearly. Classes during the day, group discussions in the evening, and late-night overthinking about career and life. But somewhere between case studies and campus interviews, my heart was quietly writing its own story. There was someone special. I was not the kind of person who could easily say “I like you” directly. I would think a hundred times before sending even a simple message. I was scared of losing the bond, scared of rejection, and maybe scared of my own emotions. One day, instead of typing long paragraphs on WhatsApp, I picked up a pencil. I decided to make a sketch for her. It wasn’t perfect. I am not a professional artist. My hands were shaking while drawing. I erased lines again and again. But with every stroke, I was putting my feelings on paper. It was not just a sketch of her face; it was a sketch of how I saw her — simple, strong, beautiful in her own way. That paper carried everything I couldn’t say in words. When I completed it, I kept looking at it for a long time. I was nervous. Should I give it to her? What if she doesn’t like it? What if she misunderstands me? My mind was full of questions, but my heart was calm for the first time. Because I knew one thing — this was honest. In MBA, we learn about strategy, management, leadership, and risk-taking. That day, I learned something more important: expressing your feelings is also a kind of courage. Whether the result is yes or no, at least you are real. That sketch taught me that love is not always about grand gestures. Sometimes, it’s about small efforts. A simple drawing. A silent message. A pure intention. Today, when I look back at my MBA final year, I don’t just remember exams or placements. I remember that sketch. I remember that version of me — nervous but genuine. And I’m proud of that boy. Because he chose to express, not suppress. — Kunal Malhotra*

No comments:

Post a Comment